Mona, thank you for this awesome topic request! If you want flawless skin, keep on reading, I promise you will not regret it!!
I am thankful for the fact that I have been blessed with pretty peaceful skin. All throughout puberty I did not have many problems besides the mild breakouts due to hormonal fluctuations and those annoying blackheads. Although I didn’t have acne to take of, I was always very diligent about preserving my skins beauty. Your skin is something that you will literally live with the rest of your life, therefore making sure to take really good care of is essential in looking youthful and radiant.
I have combination skin, oily in the T-Zone and normal/dry everywhere else. Which makes it pretty difficult to find products that cater to both needs, but I think I have done a solid job. Just as with anything, gosh there were so many trial and errors, and with so many great products out there, its hard to stick to just one line. But below is my night and mourning routine. Enjoy 😀
- Using the Boscia MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing oil I break down all of the makeup on my face. I use 1 to 2 pumps and gently rub all over my face then rinse it with luke warm water.
- Using any make up wipe of your choice (I use generic ones from Costco, can be off brand, the residue off of the wipe will be washed off) I gently remove all of the eye make up.
- Using a pea sized amount of the Purity One Step Facial Cleanser I start my Clarisonic and work in the cleanser. The Clarisonic is programmed to be on for a minute. Use that minute to wash your face in soft, circular motions. Don’t forget the neck.
- I then wash my face with warm water and pat dry.
- Once a week or sometimes every two weeks I will use a blackhead strip. As I have mentioned in my Holy Grails post, I use the Dr. Jart+ strips. These could be used after washing your face with the Clarisonic or after a long and steamy shower.
- If I have break outs, I use the Out of Trouble Mask by Origins. This significantly reduces any redness or blemishes. If a blemish is being really stubborn, put a small amount on it and keep it overnight. By morning time, it should be less problematic.
- Then I apply a heavier moisturizer before bed. The skin works the hardest when you sleep, so might as well give it the nutrients that it needs. I personally use the A Perfect World by Origins. It is infused with White Tea which hydrates the skin like there is no tomorrow!
- Lastly, I exfoliate my lips with the Satin Lips mask by Mary Kay. I take a pea sized amount and scrub my lips with it. The cream should sit on your lips for about 5 minutes. Afterwards, I wipe it off with a makeup wipe and apply the Satin Lips lip balm. Voilà, after these steps the lips feel like fluffy pillows.
- Using the Checks and Balances face wash by Origins, I wash my face with cold water (using my hands). This gently removes any access oils and also wakes me up.
- I then immediately apply any lightweight moisturizer that I have.
On top of these daily steps I do go get facials every 6 weeks. Makeup, stress and pollution all play a vital role in clogging the pores therefore it’s important to go to a professional. I usually go with a microdermabrasion or even a very slight face peel. If live in SWF, I have the best esthetician, ask me and I will give you the details!
I would love to hear your tricks and routines too! I am always looking to improve this routine. Let me know down below!